Cooking rice is not an easy breezy task to do.
Therefore, we got the best Japanese rice cooker reviews for you today.
You will have to spend a little time for the processing and heating steps that are unwanted.
There could be many instances that you go through wishing to have something that would do the job for you and this is what the rice cooker does.
Now you will not have to stand before the appliance to cook your rice because there are machines that will do that for you.
And if it motivates you to go and grab one, I have thought to highlight the 7 best Asian rice cooker and review them.
This will help you out more in choosing one of them.
Why should you have the Best Japanese Rice Cooker in your kitchen?
- 1 Why should you have the Best Japanese Rice Cooker in your kitchen?
- 2 Our Top 3 Pick Best Rice Cooker in Japan
- 3 1. Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH 5.5 Cup
- 4 2. Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5.5 Cup
- 5 3. Zojirushi NP-GBC05-XT 3 cups
- 6 4. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5.5 Cups
- 7 5. Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U-W 5.5 cups
- 8 6. Zojirushi NP-NVC10 5.5 cups
- 9 7. Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8 cups
- 10 Things should be considered before buying the Best Japanese Made Rice Cooker
- 11 FAQ about Best Rice Cooker From Japan
- 12 CONCLUSION
- Even cooking: One of the reasons to own the rice cooker is that it helps to cook the rice or any other food evenly. You don’t even need to stand in front of the machine and make that effort to stir it since the machine does all the job itself.
- No more prep: Another reason to own it will be helping you to cut off the grocery bills with this little guy. You will not need any preparation work and keeps you save some bucks for its limited servings.
- Multi-functional: Many models come with multi-functional features that do not only act as rice cookers but also more than that. Some of the cookers are able to do the job of other cooking methods and some are capable of cooking different types of food differently.
Our Top 3 Pick Best Rice Cooker in Japan
1. Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH 5.5 Cup
NP-HCC10XH has been termed as the technologically advanced machine from the brand Zojirushi. Coming from all the way through Japan, this model has got some great qualities that made it the best Japanese rice cooker.
Although the size varies from the need for a large family to personal need, 1 liter is basically considered as the common size of a rice cooker. So for normal use, this is something that you must have in your kitchen.
To talk about the skills, this model boasts to have the latest heating technology that is known as an integrated inducing heating element. It helps to cook the rice evenly and prevent it from getting burnt.
To go with the looks, this rice cooker indeed knows how to entice you well with its modern design. With its stainless steel, you will get the dude in dark gray. Moreover, there’s an LED control panel that lights up with orange color and it helps to make the cooker look chicer. Besides the look, it comes with a clear coated surface so it can avoid sticky dust.
However, it stars various ways to use the unit including GABA brown rice mode, germinated brown rice mode. It also has to keep warm delayed timer modes with auto shut off feature.
And maintenance-wise, the NP-HCC10XH has also given the best service that you expect it to have. This is not only easy to use but has also proved itself enough to be easy to clean. You can give all the credit to the design and materials that have been used in this Japanese rice cooker.
- The rice is cooked well.
- Enough capacity for normal use.
- Multiple cooking modes.
- Keep warm delayed timer modes
- Auto-shut off modes.
- Non-stick coatings to avoid sticky dust.
- Easy to use, easy to clean.
- Signal tone to notify you.
- Waterproof LED panel.
- The cord is not retractable.
- Fan sound could be annoying.
2. Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5.5 Cup
This is yet another best Japanese rice cooker from the same brand that unquestionably has some similar features as the previous one, yet it still is different.
Besides the similar traits, it consists of different traits as well that makes it perform differently, looks different and this is called the best Asian rice cooker.
Just like NP-HCC10XH, the model NS-ZCC10 also features 1-liter capacity that houses the rice pretty well to cook it cordially.
You might not know how this simple rice cooker can do wonders in cooking the rice throughout the process. It’s because the brand has incorporated Neuro Fuzzy logic technology that is both advanced and amazing at the same time, so you can serve your family a well-cooked rice bowl in simple steps.
NS-ZCC10 appears as sophisticated in simplicity with its wonderful white color. There’s an LED panel in the front that adds more convenience in using the tool. You will also get a non-stick spherical pan that lets the rice to be cooked evenly.
This is how it differs from the previous model of Zojirushi. In this unit, you can explore more options including reheat cycles more, auto keep warm and extended keep warm modes.
There is also an LED clock and timer as well as other settings such as quick cooking, rinse-free, semi-brown, brown, sweet, porridge, mixed and regular or sushi with softer or harder options.
But the sad part is that it doesn’t tell you the amount of time that could take in cooking the rice till there are ten minutes left. So lack of such mode can disappoint you.
The way the model has been built, it can be said that you will find it quite easy to use and maintain. The model has been coated with non-stick materials so you can be ensured that it won’t stick dust.
- Can cook the rice evenly.
- Ideal dimensions for normal use.
- Possesses multi-functional modes.
- Easy to use.
- Comes with retractable cord.
- Timer and Auto shut off options.
- The signal sings songs to you.
- You will not understand the time that would take to cook the rice until there are 10 minutes left.
- You might not like the twinkle twinkle little star song that it sings for the signal.
3. Zojirushi NP-GBC05-XT 3 cups
It is somewhat easy to live alone and feast a good meal with well-cooked food. And NP-GBC05-XT works as a good motivation from Zojirushi since it seems to guarantee you so.
With 0.54 liter or you can say with three cups of rice, the NP-GBC05-XT is able to give you a one-time fine meal.
Combining with Induction Heating technology, the cooker will heat the rice evenly so that it can give you the result you wish for.
The design of this model is somewhat similar to many of its other friends so it needs no new explanation about how it looks like. The cooker has the signature brownish clear coated stainless exterior and there is a control panel colored in orange. As for the inner lid, yes it comes detachable to present you extra convenience.
Using about 700-watt power, the cooker can be used in various ways to shows its multifunctional feature. The settings come with quick cooking, GABA brown, brown, rinse-free, porridge, sushi, and white or mixed options.
Since it features detachable inner lid, cleaning the unit has become more trouble-free.
- Food is cooked perfectly.
- Strong and well built.
- The model is easy to clean.
- Multifunctional settings.
- Parts are removable for easy cleaning.
- Smaller footprint.
- Annoying noise.
- The battery is not durable.
4. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5.5 Cups
You can guess from the name of the brand that how this model is going to perform for cooking your food impeccably.
So, if you want the best, you can have an NS-TSC10 model, that proves to be the best Japanese rice cooker & considering everything, you can even go one step ahead and call it one of the best Asian rice cookers too.
Not different than its other mates, because you will be getting about 1-liter capacity in it to cook some good food for you. with its 5.5 cups, you can serve a mini family a great meal.
It is already known that when the brand is Zojirushi, it will definitely have Fuzzy logic technology that works behind it to shows its performance. And you can have the idea already that this technology acts as a thumbs up for the cooker.
This model has a bit brownish steel color that makes it look really good-looking. The exterior is clear coated and the interior is Teflon. However, just like most of the models, it too owns an LED panel that has many other options to use for cooking. So, design wise, the NS-TSC10 indeed is a top-notch cooker.
Zojirushi NS-TSC10 comes with auto keep warm and extended keep warm modes that can be used to keep your food warm with the preset settings. It also features a reheating cycle so it can work accordingly to heat the food again and avoid trashing it. With these modes, you will get several other settings that include porridge, cake, steam, mixed, sushi and brown or white rice. And this shows you that it can be used to cook other foods as well and does not limit itself to rice item only.
This is no different than other models, as the brand has used similar materials and design, so you will find it way easier to clean the unit. The inner lid comes removable so you can clean it separately and serve healthy and clean foods to yourself and of course your family.
Check our full review on Zojirushi NS-TSC10.
- Get evenly cooked rice.
- Removable parts made it easier to clean.
- Great for normal use.
- Easy to use.
- Features retractable cord.
- Comes with a variety of modes.
- The cooker might slide a bit.
5. Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U-W 5.5 cups
This white guy is another great Japanese rice cooker that has grabbed a lot of foodies love for its superior performance with its Chef-like cooking. JBV-A10U-W is such a model that Tiger Corporation has designed only to serve good food, not bad food.
the model happens to serve about 5.5 cups of rice that you can call a pretty good amount to serve a mini family. Thus, you can mull overtaking the guy as it can be called as a great fellow for cooking.
The color has already been mentioned as I have called it a white guy. However, to talk about its design, well it looks really pretty in the color it comes in. Albeit there is no LED display on the panel yet you will still get some functions that work well with its simplicity.
There is a function named ‘tacook’ for Syncro cooking that works to heat the rice and the main dish at the same time. If you have a look at their tagline: One push multiple operations, you will understand why they have kept the design so simple. However, there are 3 other settings for cooking that comes with the unit, that are Slow cooking, Brown rice and Plain rice.
It is very easy to maintain the cooker as you will not be needing to take much effort to clean it up. The white guy never fades and it seems to ensure you that it will not stay dirty after you clean it.
- The nonstick inner lets you clean it easily.
- Multiple menu settings.
- The Cooking plate is BPA free.
- The inner steam cap is removable.
- Very reasonable.
- Keeps the rice fresh and well cooked.
- There is no LED display.
- There is not an advanced setting.
- No songs for the signal.
6. Zojirushi NP-NVC10 5.5 cups
Zojirushi has got another best rice cooker in its bag and the model is NP-NVC10. So if you dream of having a perfectly cooked food, then you can take this model into account.
With its 1-liter capacity, this NP-NVC10 model is able to cook a perfect amount of rice so that it can serve a family in meal-time.
With a touch of brownish tone, the model highlights orangish display that features multiple functions to use the dude. However, the inner pot is platinum and nonstick whereas the exterior is clear coated. You will get a removable inner lid as well. The best thing about the unit is that it comes with a lot of safety features such as, an inner lid filter, a pressure control valve, an inner lid valve, a pressure control valve and a pressure indicator that helps in locking the lid.
NP-NVC10 seems to select one of the three settings of pressure automatically and uses its technology for adjusting the time of cooking the rice. And the result? Well, you can see yourself how it gives perfectly well-cooked food. However, the model appears to combine induction heating with pressure cooking in multiple settings.
With its clock and timer modes, you can try out different uses of the cooker. Besides, it also features a microchip that lets it remember the last set of use so that it can give the same outcome every time. That’s one reason why this unit is one of the best Asian rice cookers at this moment.
Since the brand has used wise materials to build the model up, thus you will find it very easy to clean it.
- Comes with multiple safety features.
- Owns a lot of modes and functions.
- Easy to clean and use.
- Elegant design.
- Cooks the rice well and even.
- Might not cook some foods properly.
- The front panel is not backlit.
- Manual needs to be read for first use.
7. Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8 cups
The bigger the capacity is, the more rice a cooker can cook for a family. And if you think you have a big family, then this ARC-914SBD model by Aroma Housewares certainly needs to be highlighted.
The ARC-914SBD model works on cooking for about 5 to 8 cups of several types of rice contentedly. However, you will still need to measure the amount before pouring them into the machine so that you can avoid overflowing.
Coming in gray with black edges, the model happens to look elegant and simple. And its stainless steel exterior matches greatly with other equipment as well that are there in your kitchen.
Aroma Housewares have given a good amount of options to make your cooking moment easier. This Japanese rice cooker has a preset control panel owning brown rice and white rice modes with auto keep warm function.
It also features other settings like saving time with the flash rice mode that slashes half of the cooking time. There is also a 15-hour delay timer so that you can have a flexible supper plan.
Just as it is easy to use the whole cooker, it is also easy to clean it the same way. The model comes with removable parts and this is what makes it more stress-free for you to take every part one after one and clean them separately.
- It is easy to use.
- Very easy to clean for its removable parts.
- Offers uniform cooking.
- Contains a lot of modes for cooking.
- Cooks rice for a big family.
- It can also steam food other than rice.
- The lid remains closed tightly.
- 15-hour delay timer.
- The loud beep is not really cool.
- Does not come with a retractable cord.
- Lacks clock-based timer.
Things should be considered before buying the Best Japanese Made Rice Cooker
There are usually 2 styles of cooking the rice with rice cookers. The styles are-
- Heat Induction: this is a kind of system where the pan of cooking heats up substantially. The rice cooker generates an electromagnetic current that leads to the cooking pan heat to start building up after passing through the metal. Making the rice in this method requires a lot of heat and this is what this system offers to give a uniform process to cook the rice. After all, there’s a reason you are reading Japanese rice cooker reviews & cooking code is an integral part of it.
- Thermal Convection: you will get most of the rice cookers on the market that appear to cook rice in this method. However, in the thermal convection system, the pan of cooking doesn’t heat itself up. The warm air outside the pan passes all over the machine via the system and hence it gets to cook the rice. There a sensing device of thermal found in such models that knows when the food is cooked completely and switches the unit to warming mode automatically.
There are many foodies out there who wish to have more modes and controls in the process of cooking rice. For this, you will be required to get a cooker that offers multifunctional modes.
Such modes help you to do more than just cooking the white rice. With these, you will be able to use different settings for porridge, sushi, brown rice as well as other kinds of rice differently that helps in cooking several types of rice. There are also many models available that come with built-in timers for added convenience.
Power Cords Picks
If you prefer to grab white cookers, I would recommend you to have the model that comes with a retractable or detachable power cord. Let me explain why. It is because, with this trait, you will be able to keep the cooker anywhere for storage easily.
There are many people that appear to forget this trait and have been found regretting it later. So, if you don’t wish to regret, list it up in your requirements and we tried to keep that evident in our Japanese rice cooker reviews too in case if you didn’t notice.
I won’t be talking about the looks of the cooker since there are many more factors that need to be looked on. However, if you plan to grab a rice cooker, make sure there are handles to protect you from hot surfaces and a transparent glass top to make you watch the cooking process.
Albeit it’s not like you will discount the looks completely, yet it is recommended to not go for the looks only.
Most of the rice cookers come with versatility. There are a lot of units that act as a veg steamer. In this case, you can look for the add-ons that those units will offer. Although it completely relies on you that on which purpose you would be using the cooker.
FAQ about Best Rice Cooker From Japan
Q: What are the prices of rice cookers?
A: you will be able to get a well-built rice cooker for less than 15 bucks. If you wish to add some little bucks on your wallet, you can get some more features within 40 dollars. There are many great rice cookers available in about 150 dollars. Thus you should go for the one that matches your budget.
Q: What are the good brands of rice cookers?
A: Zojirushi is one of the most popular brands of the Japanese rice cooker. Besides the brand, there are other great manufacturers like Tiger Corporation, Aroma Housewares etc.
So there you have it. This concludes our best Japanese rice cooker reviews for you. We tried to be honest in reviewing them and we are ‘kind of’ satisfied with the results.
Make sure that you look at every pros and con because, to be honest, the difference is very minimum between the top rice cookers and that was visible in our reviews too.
We wish you all the best on this journey.
Check out our another best review article on omelet pan in the market right now.