The wise and old women will often say that in order to win a man’s heart, you have to satisfy his stomach first. No matter what, everyone is busy with their hectic life schedules, and kitchen skills are required to work faster in the kitchen. There are many cooking hacks, which you can use for improving your cooking game and wrapping up everything swiftly.
Here are 20 amazing kitchen hacks you should know!
1. Put Ice-Cream in Bags before Moving Them to Your Freezer
- 1 1. Put Ice-Cream in Bags before Moving Them to Your Freezer
- 2 2. Freeze Banana to Use as an Ice-Cream Base
- 3 3. Mix the Pancake Batter in Plastic Bags
- 4 4. Cut the Short Foods with the Help of a Dental Floss
- 5 5. Cooking Enough Food for the Rest of the Week on Sunday
- 6 6. Use Almond Milk, Frozen Fruits, All Protein Powders as Healthy Snacks
- 7 7. Freeze Fresh Herbs in Olive Oil
- 8 8. Dry Herbs in Your Microwave
- 9 9. Keep an Apple Slice in Your Baked Treats
- 10 10. Keep Your Eggs in the Fridge to Make Them Easily Consumable
- 11 11. Use Spoons for Peeling Fresh Eggs
- 12 12. Soak Your Eggs in Vinegar
- 13 13. Bake the Bacon Strips Instead of Frying Them
- 14 14. Grilled Fish on Lemon Slices
- 15 15. Use Wet Paper to Chill Your Soda or Beer
- 16 16. Make Hash Browns with the Help of Waffle Irons
- 17 17. Microwave Your Oyster before Opening It
- 18 18. Run Water over Your Stale Bread and Put It in Your Oven
- 19 19. Toss an Apple Slice or Orange Peel to Prevent Your Brown Sugar from Hardening
- 20 20. Microwave Your Citrus Fruits
You might not know that the home-made ice-cream can get rock hard when you keep it directly in your freezer. When you take it out, it will take ages to start melting.
An easy trick that you can follow to keep your ice-cream perfect is putting your ice-cream in the ziplock bags or plastic bags before you store it in the freezer.
2. Freeze Banana to Use as an Ice-Cream Base
Your kids hate bananas, right? Well, try something new! Smash your bananas and freeze them.
Bananas are known to create an ideal base, which can be mixed with fruits and cherries. Thus, you not only get home-made ice-cream with no efforts, but you also get your kids to eat bananas.
3. Mix the Pancake Batter in Plastic Bags
Pastry bags or ziplock bags can be used for mixing the pancake batter. Ensure that you are making a tiny cut in the corner of your bag.
This will help in keeping the mess away and additionally, you can make creative pancake shapes!
This is one of the best kitchen organization hacks that you can follow.
4. Cut the Short Foods with the Help of a Dental Floss
It can get extremely messy if you have to cut a large cake or pastry but your knife is extremely small to do this job.
Cutting Swiss rolls or cheese can also get difficult. In this case, you can use the dental floss to cut the softer foods quickly and easily and avoid trouble.
5. Cooking Enough Food for the Rest of the Week on Sunday
If you are working, it can get very difficult to cook your food on a daily basis. Instead of cooking daily, you can cook on a Sunday and keep food ready for the rest of the 6 days.
This kinda kitchen life hacks will aid in saving both your time and energy.
Check out the review article on Best Japanese rice cooker!
6. Use Almond Milk, Frozen Fruits, All Protein Powders as Healthy Snacks
Pancakes are not considered to be healthy all the time.
To make it healthy, you can use almond milk, oats flour, protein powder, and frozen fruits along with a number of other healthy ingredients for making your pancake healthy and consumable.
7. Freeze Fresh Herbs in Olive Oil
You might be a person who loves adding fresh herbs to your meal. You can mix your herbs with olive oil and put them in your freezer.
Whenever you are cooking something, you can drop this cube in the dish. This is one of the greatest kitchen tips.
8. Dry Herbs in Your Microwave
If you want to store your herbs for a longer period of time, you can try drying them in your microwave.
Once they get fully dry, you can crush them and store them in your kitchen.
9. Keep an Apple Slice in Your Baked Treats
Your baked treats can become dry and lose their taste with time.
Herein, apple slices can help in maintaining the softness of your treats and keep them consumable.
10. Keep Your Eggs in the Fridge to Make Them Easily Consumable
Boiled eggs cannot be peeled easily. If you keep your eggs in the fridge for a certain time before you boil them, you will find it easier to peel them.
Check our review article on the best panini press.
11. Use Spoons for Peeling Fresh Eggs
Peeling boiled eggs is a seemingly difficult task. Use a spoon for cracking your egg and then start peeling the eggshell from inside.
Trust me; this is easy, simple and quick.
12. Soak Your Eggs in Vinegar
If you want to make the ideal poached eggs, you have to keep your eggs in proper shape when you boil them.
For doing this, you should soak the eggs in vinegar before you break them.
13. Bake the Bacon Strips Instead of Frying Them
Bacon can be cooked evenly in your oven. Therefore, you should bake the strips of bacon instead of frying them in your frying pan.
14. Grilled Fish on Lemon Slices
Fish can break or stick to the grill when you are trying to grill them.
To prevent this, you should put the fish on the top of lemon slices. It will not only become easier to cook and grill the fish but also you will get a nice and zesty flavor.
15. Use Wet Paper to Chill Your Soda or Beer
If you are going to have guests in your home in no time and the beverages are still lukewarm, there is nothing you need to worry about.
Make use of wet paper napkins or towels and wrap the bottles before you put them in your freezer. This helps in cooling your drinks faster.
Our review of the best bread box. Check out this article. Click here!
16. Make Hash Browns with the Help of Waffle Irons
It is not easy to make the hash browns. However, the process can be made simple by making use of one of the simplest tricks.
Put them on the waffle iron and shut it. You will get the golden brown color that you want in no time without having to work much.
17. Microwave Your Oyster before Opening It
Opening oysters require a lot of force, and there are times when your knife can slip and cause injuries.
Microwave the oysters for 10 to 20 seconds before you try to open them. Microwaving loosens up the oysters and makes it a lot easier to crack them loose.
18. Run Water over Your Stale Bread and Put It in Your Oven
Have bread that is becoming stale? You can brush a few drops of water on the bread and throw it in the oven for around 10 minutes.
If you want, you can also wrap it in a moist paper napkin. This way, the bread becomes crunchy and fresh.
19. Toss an Apple Slice or Orange Peel to Prevent Your Brown Sugar from Hardening
Brown sugar can harden easily. Tossing orange peels or apple slices in the brown sugar will not only help it to stay soft but also make it scoopable.
20. Microwave Your Citrus Fruits
Before peeling off the citrus fruits, you can microwave them so that the entire process becomes easier.
See? That ended too quickly. Follow these incredible kitchen tricks and make your life easier in the kitchen. Tell us, if we missed a unique hack that you know. Cheers!
Wanna know how to clean the kitchen? Check out our kitchen cleaning tips article!