In order to make a pizza in your home, it is important to have you the best pizza peel.
To be precise, by the best wooden pizza peel you can make a delicious pizza. You can be sure of it that it’s not just an average one!
However, you should also know as to how you can craft your own pizza with the favorite toppings as well as the thickness of your crust that you love.
This is probably one of the most rewarding experiences in comparison to ordering pizza from a pizza joint.
Making a pizza in your home is much more fun and one of the best ways to spend a pleasant time with your friends and family.
Also, it is healthier than ordering pizzas from pizza joints because you have control over the freshness and the type of the various ingredients that you are using.
What is a Pizza Peel and How to Use It?
- 1 What is a Pizza Peel and How to Use It?
- 2 Why You Need A Pizza Peel
- 3 Our Top 3 Pick
- 4 Top 7 Best Pizza Peel Reviews
- 5 1. Pizza Royale Ethically Premium Natural Bamboo (Best wooden pizza peel)
- 6 2. 16-inch Aluminum Peel with Wood Handle (Best aluminum pizza peel)
- 7 3. The Ultimate Aluminum Peel (Best pizza paddle)
- 8 4. Aluminum Metal with Foldable Wood Handle (Best metal pizza peel)
- 9 5. Heritage Acacia Wood (Best wood for pizza peel)
- 10 6. Premium Bamboo Extra Large Wooden (Best pizza peel for home use)
- 11 7. Stainless Steel with Folding Handle
- 12 Which material is better for you? Wood, Steel, or Aluminum??
- 13 Things should be considered before buying
- 14 Conclusion
Pizza peels are kitchen tools that have a shovel like a shape, which is extremely important for sliding the pizza inside and outside of your oven.
If you know how to make a pizza, you will also be aware that you have to constantly keep turning the pizza so that it can be baked completely.
This is why you have to take your pizza out of the oven in various time intervals when the pizza is being cooked, and then you have to put it inside the oven again. And it is something that becomes impossible to do without a peel.
In order to use a peel, you have to spread a little quantity of flour on the surface and then assemble the pizza.
Making use of Pizza peels is one of the most convenient as well as a low-stress option for baking pizza without ruining it at home.
Here, you can use the wooden pizza peels so that you do not make any mess. Use the handle when you want to take it out of the oven for turning it from one side to another.
Why You Need A Pizza Peel
A Pizza peel is a reasonably shaped piece of equipment that ensures the success of pizza cooking. It features a long handle and a platter where you place your pizza for topping and sliding on the pizza stone in the oven. Do you need a pizza peel? Below here, we highlight the importance of this tool. Read on.
Topping your pizza
To top up your pizza, you need a flat and non-stick surface. A pizza peel is large-sized, sleeker, and features a flat surface where you can place your pizza for topping with sauce, cheese, and more. With such a design, the toppings will not spill over and mess your pizza shape.
Sliding off the pizza into the oven
After topping your pizza, the next step is to slide it off into the hot pizza stone inside the oven. A peel comes in handy since it retains the shape of the pizza even after topping.
To turn and remove pizza from the oven
When your pizza is cooking, you may need to turn it using a pizza peel. Also, once your pizza is ready, the next step is to remove it from the oven. Again, you’ll need a peel for this purpose.
A pizza peel is a necessity, whether metallic or wooden. However, a high-quality tool, easy to use, and maintain will give you better service and elevate your pizza cooking skills.
Our Top 3 Pick
Top 7 Best Pizza Peel Reviews
Before purchasing a pizza peel, you should consider the reviews that the item has. Without studying a detailed review, you should not opt to buy any product.
Given below are our top 7 best pizza peel reviews that you should know about.
1. Pizza Royale Ethically Premium Natural Bamboo (Best wooden pizza peel)
This pizza peel is tough and extremely beautiful. If you take care of this in a proper manner, you can be assured that it will not warp, splinter, or split.
Designed from the antimicrobial reinforced bamboo, it is one of the most versatile tools, which is becoming a staple of all the kitchens. It is not toxic and eco-friendly.
Its comfortable and sturdy handle design allows you to pull the pizza out of the oven every time you want without burning yourself.
This product is durable, and it will not become extremely heavy even when you have topped it with the pizza.
- It has a perfect and smooth edge, which allows you to grip it comfortably.
- You can not only carry your pizza, but you can also carry various other things out of your kitchen with the help of this.
- It has antimicrobial properties which ensure that your pizza is cooked in a proper manner.
- You can easily grip the handle, and it won’t slip.
- You can clean it without any hassle.
- Eco-friendly and non-toxic.
- A perfect and contour handle design.
If you do not clean the product properly, it can become the breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Also, if you bake pizzas that are 14 inches, this might be a little small for you.
2. 16-inch Aluminum Peel with Wood Handle (Best aluminum pizza peel)
Looking for an aluminum pizza peel? Well, it is perhaps the best product that you can consider if you require a peel that has an aluminum head and a wooden handle.
This product has rounded corners and a width of 14 inches, which allows you to pick the large pizzas in an effective manner.
The length of this product is 16 inches, and the wooden handle is 8 inches long.
It is perfect for transferring the pizzas, pastries, and the delicate loaves of bread into the ovens without deforming the delicate structure that they have.
This peel allows you to keep your hand out of the oven and prevents you from burning your hands.
- A reinforced handle, which helps in providing stability.
- The long handle helps in keeping you away from the excess heat when you are removing the pizza.
- Perfect for baking pieces that are 14 inches.
- Easy to clean and make it tidy.
- Can be pulled out easily from the oven without burning your hand.
It can be a little big if you are opting to purchase it for your home. Also, there are no rings on the handle of this pizza peel, which makes it difficult to hang.
3. The Ultimate Aluminum Peel (Best pizza paddle)
This best pizza peel allows you to cook experienced dishes despite being a novice. You can slide the pizza inside and out of your oven without getting any burns on your hand.
Besides, you do not have to bother worrying about the pizza sticking on this. It is not like the pure wood, which have to be cleaned in a regular manner.
The best part is that you do not have to add excess flour as you do in the traditional wood or the metal.
This device has a unique design, which ensures a safe and improved cooking every time you decide to cook a pizza for your family.
- The back lip helps in preventing slippage of your pizza or anything else that has been placed on it.
- It has a hardwood handle of 10 inches which allows you to maintain a proper distance from the heat.
- You do not need to maintain this product in a special manner.
- It hardly requires any maintenance.
- No chance of burning your hand.
- You can cook your pizza without any hassle.
This product has been designed in a perfect manner, but there are a few dimples on the surface which have to be coated with flour so that your pizza does not get spoilt in any manner.
Check out our review article on the best crepe maker!
4. Aluminum Metal with Foldable Wood Handle (Best metal pizza peel)
If you want your pizza peel to be useful as well as classy and elegant, this is the perfect one that you can opt for.
It has an aluminum head along with a wooden handle, which allows you to control your pizza both inside and outside the oven easily. It is perhaps the best companion which helps you to make pizzas, pastries, and bread.
You can transfer your delicate pieces of bread, cakes, pizzas and much more. The foldable design of this pizza peel allows you to store it easily in any part of your house.
- The width of the product is 12 inches, and it is 14 inches long along with an 11-inch handle, which can be folded.
- It is made up of the natural pinewood and aluminum of commercial grade.
- The pizza pattern made of metal makes the cooking process extremely easy for you.
- It does not burn your hand when you are trying to lift the pizza or cake sheets from your oven.
- It can be maintained easily.
- The foldable design allows storing the product without any hassle.
- It is not very heavy.
If you want to bake a large sized pizza, you might not be able to as the width of the product is only 12 inches.
Therefore, you can bake pizzas that are 12 inches or less in size. Moreover, it is not safe for your dishwasher, and you have to wash it without making use of the harsh detergents.
5. Heritage Acacia Wood (Best wood for pizza peel)
This classic pizza peel will help in contributing to the aesthetics of the kitchen decoration. It will impress anyone and everyone looking at the product hanging from the walls of your kitchen.
This one is made out made out of the Acacia wood, and it has a polished appearance. Acacia is considered to be the best wood for a pizza peel. You can handle it easily as it is smooth and extremely durable.
However, you have to ensure that you are taking care of this product in a proper manner. The product has a thickness, which is resistant to various issues like warping.
It is not very thick and can easily lift your pizza in the oven. The handle stays cool throughout the entire baking process.
- Its paddle is quite large, and it can fit the pizzas in an easy manner.
- It has a hole with the help of which you can hang it on your kitchen wall.
- Since it is made up of acacia wood, it has an elegant and smooth appearance.
- The thickness is perfect.
- Has a tapered edge which helps you to lift the pizza easily.
- The perfect handle helps serve dinner confidently.
- The size of 22 inches and 14 inches is perfect for the home pizzas.
- High-quality wood to last for a lifetime.
The product has been carved out of wood, and hence it requires proper maintenance so that it can last for a really long time. Ensure that you dry your product after you have used it.
6. Premium Bamboo Extra Large Wooden (Best pizza peel for home use)
This product not only serves as a pizza peel but it can also be used for a number of other purposes. It allows you to take your pizzas out of your oven in no time.
Moreover, it can be used as a chopping block or a cutting board for your fruits, vegetables, and pizza. It is also a great decoration, which you can display in your bar or kitchen.
The unit is safe and does not cause any kind of toxicity. It has also received certifications from the LFGB, FDA, BSCI, and the FSC. This wooden piece is extremely durable and hardly requires any maintenance.
- You can use it for a number of purposes – from serving your pizza to using it as a chopping board – for your fruits or vegetables.
- It does not cause any toxicity, and it has been certified by the FDA as well.
- You will not experience any kind of frustration as you do when you use a cutting board or a plastic spatula.
- The multipurpose functionality.
- Eco-friendly and non-toxic.
- The perfect size for baking pizza.
- It is durable and sturdy.
It is not extremely thin for scooping up your pizzas perfectly. You should also clean it after use or bacteria may start breeding.
7. Stainless Steel with Folding Handle
You don’t need to worry about burning your pizza or dropping your pies anymore. You can pull them out of your oven without any difficulties with this stainless pizza peel now.
The paddle is thin, and it can easily slip under your pies as well as pizzas. This product is good not only for the indoor pizza oven but also the outdoor oven and the barbecues.
It proves extremely durable, and you can be assured that it will last for quite an extended time if you take good care of it.
The best part is that it is safe for your dishwashers, and you do not have to work hard when you are cleaning it.
- The paddle is made up of stainless steel, and it is thin, which allows it to slip under your pizza easily.
- It can be used for a number of purposes like taking out the pies or the pizzas easily from your oven.
- The handle does not become splintery and scratchy like the wooden handles.
- Folding handle makes it easy for you to store the product.
- Comfortable and easy grip with integrated rubber handle.
Though the product is nearly perfect, the one disadvantage that you can face is that it is very heavy. After weighing all the options that are mentioned here, you should purchase the product that you think is perfect for you and will appropriately suit your needs.
Afraid to buy a Japanese rice cooker? Click here to check our Article!
Which material is better for you? Wood, Steel, or Aluminum??
For you to get a delicious, crisp, and perfectly shaped pizza, then need an excellent tool for loading it to the pizza stone in the oven.
A pizza peel is an essential piece of equipment that will get the job done. This tool features a long handle, and a flat paddle that allows supports the pizza and the toppings and thereby allowing it to slide off easily in the oven.
Pizza peels are made from wood, steel, or aluminum. It cannot be easy deciding on the type to use. We’ll look at each type and help you decide on which material is better for you. Read on.
Wooden Pizza peels
Wood is a favorite, and most chefs prefer using it when making pizza. Wood is a natural product and is porous. Due to this, it absorbs moisture and hence prevents the pizza dough from sticking. Therefore, your pizza stays in good shape.
Also, wood is rustic or classic and will accentuate your kitchen decor besides being durable. However, wood requires proper care and maintenance to prevent rotting and decay. You can keep it in good shape by rubbing with vinegar and storing it in a cool and well-aerated place.
Steel Pizza peels
Stainless steel will still be a favorite since it’s easy to clean and doesn’t rust. A steel pizza peel is light and easy to use. It’s also thin and allows for easy sliding of pizza to the oven. However, you’ll need to rub with some flour so that the dough doesn’t stick.
Aluminum Pizza peels
Aluminum is a popular metal since it’s durable and easy to maintain. Unlike wood, it doesn’t require a high level of maintenance. The only downside is that the pizza dough might stick and hence requires rubbing with flour.
Evidently, your choice for either wooden, steel, or aluminum pizza peel will depend solely on your preference. If you’re cooking a large amount of pizza, steel and aluminum will do the trick. For style and appeal, wood is a winner here.
Things should be considered before buying
Before you purchase your pizza peel based on the reviews that are left by the customers, you should carry out your own research as well.
It is extremely important to consider the following things before your purchase.
The most important thing that you have to consider is the material that the pizza peel is made up of. Most of are widely available in wood, stainless steel, and aluminum.
Wood is undoubtedly one of the most preferred materials because it is classic. It is extremely strong and can provide support to all your heavy foods.
They are capable of withstanding the high temperature of the oven when you are cooking your pizza. These peels require special maintenance.
They should never be cleaned with heavy detergent or put into the dishwashers. You also need to clean them properly so that they do not crack.
The metal has the blades that are made up of stainless steel or aluminum. Not only they are durable, but they can be cleaned very easily too.
Furthermore, they are thin, and they can slide under the pizza without any difficulty.
Length of the Handle:
The handle length is extremely important, and it should be considered depending on the depth of the oven. It is responsible for keeping your hands safe when you are turning your pizza from one side to another.
Size of the Blade:
The size of the blade is responsible for determining the size of your pizza. You can opt for rectangular or round blades depending on the types of pizza that you want.
Choosing a correct pizza peel is not really an easy task. You have to consider a number of product options, as well as various other things, have to be judged to get the perfect one.
There is no point in getting one randomly, which will burn your hand when you are pulling your pizza out of the oven.
Therefore, select the best pizza peel according to your choice and make the best possible pizza for your home. Kudos!
Check out our another review article on best paper towel holder!