I was looking for soup as a meal. Unless soup can be accompanied by some variation of grilled cheese, I like heartier versions. By adding chicken and additional veggies, the soup was filling and comforting. The coconut milk adds richness and depth balancing the acidity of the fish sauce and lime juice. It’s a heart healthy fats so don’t get the low fat version or skip this ingredient.
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 4-6 stalks lemongrass, tough outer layers removed, sliced into 4 inch pieces and bruised
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 “thumb size” piece of ginger, grated
- 6 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1″ pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1-2 TBSP fish sauce
- 8 oz snow peas, sliced on the diagonal
- Garnish: Chili oil, cilantro, lime juice
- Heat 1 TBSP of coconut oil over medium high heat in a soup pot
- Add next three ingredients and cook until fragrant, approximately 30 seconds
- Add mushrooms, stir then add chicken breasts and brown on all sides, 3-5 minutes
- Pour chicken stock into pot, bring to a simmer
- Simmer 20 minutes. Turn off heat and add coconut milk, fish sauce, and snow peas
- Garnish and serve soup
Hey There, I’m Monica, Mom of two. This is my personal blog site. Here I write about Kitchen Tips Tricks, Recipes, and Review the products I use.
I hope you enjoy the article. Give me feedback on how I’m doing with my blog. I would appreciate it so much.
Have a great day! 🙂
[Follow me on Twitter]