I love lazy weekend meals that you can prep and put in the oven. It gives me time to clean a bit in the kitchen while it bakes, something I can never find the time to do during the week. And while most breakfast options for the oven are heavy casseroles, this is a relatively healthy option with a short list of ingredients. I used one piece of bacon per person so I didn’t drain the fat for caramelizing the onions. It added great flavor to the entire meal. If you use more bacon or aren’t a huge bacon lover then the fat can be drained and/or replaced with olive oil.
- 3-5 sweet potatoes, depending on size
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP chopped rosemary
- 1 TBSP olive oil, plus more for coating pan
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F. Dice sweet potatoes into 1/2″ cubes, toss with garlic, rosemary, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Roast on an aluminum covered baking sheet for ~30 minutes.*
- Meanwhile, coat a cast iron skillet with olive oil and add bacon. Cook over medium heat until crispy and fat is rendered. Transfer bacon to a plate and drain on paper towels.
- Add onion to pan and cook 3-5 minutes. Lower heat to low and continue to caramelize and brown.
- Remove sweet potatoes from onion when tender and beginning to crisp and brown. Stir into onions.
- Remove from heat. Make 6 small wells and very gently add the eggs to the pan.** Return to the oven and bake ~15 minutes until yolks are just beginning to set.
- Serve chopped bacon from step 2 on the side and salsa (optional).
*I added 1-2 minutes under the broiler at the end to brown the sweet potatoes to my liking.
**I crack the eggs into a soup ladle to ensure they are transferred to the pan without breaking a yolk.
Hey There, I’m Monica, Mom of two. This is my personal blog site. Here I write about Kitchen Tips Tricks, Recipes, and Review the products I use.
I hope you enjoy the article. Give me feedback on how I’m doing with my blog. I would appreciate it so much.
Have a great day! 🙂
[Follow me on Twitter]