Monday morning I am certain I will eat healthy lunches during the week. But then 12 PM rolls around and I am starving with free pizza sitting in front of me. Whoops. There goes my conviction and my energy for the rest of the day. Luckily this Mezze platter/salad/lunch was sitting in the fridge at work for me this week. Inspired by my newest cookbook Jerusalem, I loved the way the dollop of greek yogurt, olive oil, an d other components blended together as they sat waiting for me. Please don’t judge me when I say I finished it off with a spoon to savor every last drop.
I left measurements out of this recipe because there is no science. Use as much or little as you want. The real magic happens as the greek yogurt, hummus, and Israeli salad dressing all mix together. It creates a beautiful coating for the veggies and chicken. Other great additions: canned tuna, chopped bell peppers, radishes, pita bread.
- Israeli salad: chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley,olive oil, lemon juice, salt
- eggplant, sliced into 1/2″ slices
- hard boiled eggs
- greek yogurt
- grilled chicken breast
- olives , any variety
- Place eggplants in a colander with a bowl underneath. Salt liberally on both sides as eggplants are layered. Let sit at least 30 minutes.
- Chop all ingredientes of the israeli salad, prepare chicken breast and /or hard boiled eggs if not done already
- The salt will have pulled the bitter liquid out of the eggplant. Pat dry with paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible. Add a decent amount of oil (your choice – canola or olive oil will work) to a frying pan and fry the eggplant slices in batches.
- Assemble your mezze platter and pack or eat right away. No reheating is necessary.
Hey There, I’m Monica, Mom of two. This is my personal blog site. Here I write about Kitchen Tips Tricks, Recipes, and Review the products I use.
I hope you enjoy the article. Give me feedback on how I’m doing with my blog. I would appreciate it so much.
Have a great day! 🙂
[Follow me on Twitter]