As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is “Carrot and Parsnip Soup with Brown Butter and Sage Walnuts” recipe with a simple twist, subbing parsnip for part of carrots, I feel like I achieved some great results.
Parsnip look like carrots and taste similar to carrots but have a slightly different woody, roasted flavor and notes similar to parsley. When you combine the two in a pureed soup, you may not even notice the parsnips at first. However, after a couple bites you’ll start to pick up on the roasted and herb components that make it complex without any extra work. Y-A-Y. ?
I topped this soup off with walnuts and sage browned in a bit of butter to add some texture and richness. It also round out the meal to something more complete which I appreciate because who has time to make two dishes for a single dinner?
Ok, emoji’s are just too much fun but am I overdoing it? Let me know! I hope your week is full of soup and brownies and soup and brownies (like mine was). Just try to eat a little more soup then brownies.
Carrot Soup with Brown Butter and Sage Walnuts Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1.5 lbs mixed carrots and parsnip (approximately 50/50 mix), chopped
- 1 quart broth
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup walnuts
- Heat butter or oil over medium heat in a pan with high sides or a dutch oven. Add the onion and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and parsnips and cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- For the topping, add butter to a skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the sage and walnuts and cook until the walnuts are toasted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon over the soup to serve.
Hey There, I’m Monica, Mom of two. This is my personal blog site. Here I write about Kitchen Tips Tricks, Recipes, and Review the products I use.
I hope you enjoy the article. Give me feedback on how I’m doing with my blog. I would appreciate it so much.
Have a great day! 🙂